Wednesday, December 15, 2010

60D Review

14/12/2010

This is the day that I bought my 2nd DSLR body which is the Canon 60D.
I never thought that I will buy it considering the price and I wasn't really aware of the potential of it.
Hence after trying it in Pavilion Canon, I decided to get it after days of researching the advantages of it over my 450D.

After getting it today, here's my simple review about 60D.

Body quality - This is certainly different from 450D as the 60D is made of polycarbonate resin with glass fibre on aluminium chassis compared to 7D or 50D which is made of magnesium alloy. My question is, how often you drop your DSLR on the floor? It will not affect the quality of the picture.

Processor - 60D uses DIGIC 4 which definitely faster than 450D DIGIC 3.

LCD Screen - This feature is one of the key selling point for this model. The LCD can swivel which allow the user to use in a difficult angle. And erm, easier to camwhore also.

Special Effect - This in-camera creative filters allow the user to capture images with the selected special effect which consists of Grainy B&W, Miniature, Toy Camera and Soft Focus.

Dial Mode - This is one of the feature that some users might complain about. In order to turn the dial, user must press the center of the dial to unlock then only can turn. This is to avoid accidental mode changes.

Movie mode - Though I never record a movie using a DSLR since 450D doesn't have this feature, but I may find it useful someday somewhere when the time comes.

Oh ya, and not to mention that I can shooot without worrying of ISO limitation!!! I can simply boost up till 6,400 to snap pictures without flash. Then, pp it to give better quality pictures.

This is my review of the 60D so far. Will post some fresh pictures from it soon =)


No comments: